The Sims 3 Island Paradise is the tenth expansion and it was released in 2013. The new town is Isla Paradiso. It is very nice with lot of sea and islands. New game features are;
Set sail for adventure: Your Sims can now take off across the waves to discover new islands and explore like never before, whether by paddleboat, speedboat, or fully customizable houseboat! What will you discover?
Build the best resort in the islands: (Specialize in waterslides and buffet tables to attract families, build pool bars where single Sims can meet and flirt, or create a romantic retreat dotted with bungalows. How you choose your amenities and set your prices will affect your reviews and profits. Get a high enough star rating, and you’ll soon be rolling in Simoleons!)
Life is a beach: (See what surprises await beneath the sea! As your Sims build their snorkeling and scuba diving skills, they may find themselves on the shore of a new island or discover a long-lost treasure.)
Boat sweet boat: (Whether your Sims love the water or just love exploring, there is a range of fully customizable houseboats that can be moved to any open port. If your Sims tire of the view, they can just cruise on to a new locale!)
New ways to build: (New stilted foundations give your Sims the best of both worlds—a home that’s partially on the water and partially on land. Build a resort, create traveling houseboats, and customize your very own island paradise for your Sims!)
- Sims can travel by sea in boats, from island to island in a world.
- Players can create and customize houseboats in build and buy mode and Sims can live on them just like regular houses.
- There are many different types of boats, some of which are sailboats, paddle boats and speed boats.
- Sims can go underwater and discover new collectibles, such as sea shells and marine life using scuba diving and snorkeling skills.
- New types of fish, sharks, and kraken.
- Resort System
- Players can build resorts and Sims will be able to own/run their own resort.
- Resorts can range from bungalows to high-class hotels.
- Sims earn simoleons by running resorts.
- A Sim’s success depends on the resort’s popularity and its reviews.
- Maintenance workers can be hired to keep resorts clean, and their outfits for work can be designed for each one of them.
- New career is Lifeguard
The best thing I like in this expansion are mermaids. You can’t create it in CAS, but finding a mermaid and about fish parts or by buying mermadic kelp with lifetime happiness points. In my opinion TS3 Island Paradise is a great expansion with lot of new features.